Senior Full Stack Python Engineer (m/f/d)
Senior Full Stack Python Developer (m/f/d)
Thermosphr is one of the most exciting ClimateTech / PropTech startups in Europe, backed by top European investors and recently funded.
Our mission is to reduce energy consumption in commercial buildings. We help real estate players to reduce their CO2 footprint by integrating our cutting-edge HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) optimization software. We make ESG more than vain words with tangible results in GWh and tons of CO2 saved.
Thermosphr has developed a unique thermal digital twin technology for real estate that saves over 30% on the energy dedicated to HVAC by controlling equipment remotely and in real time.
We care about what we do and will do whatever it takes to have a positive impact on the planet by continuously developing the smartest innovations.
We believe in people and relationships more than prescribed processes as we think that is what it takes for our team and business to thrive. We have each others’ backs and encourage each individual to build their own path regardless of their position or their seniority.
We strive for greatness, raise the roof not the floor!
Start-up life is always an adventure, you can expect this one to be a unique opportunity to make a real difference, while being part of a fast-paced, ambitious, and inspiring team. We're looking for hands-on candidates motivated to have a positive impact on the world, and willing to grow a team of like-minded individuals around them.
What you’ll do
In order to support our growth plans, we are currently looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer (m/f/d/x) to join us.
Our vision is to develop a plug-and-play SaaS with advanced built-in automation to control heating and cooling in thousands of large commercial properties globally. As Senior Full Stack Developer, you will work in close collaboration with our thermal and controls engineers to build an advanced engineering product that has direct and positive impact in the real world. In particular, you will:
- Design, build, maintain, and continuously improve a robust, scalable, and state-of-the-art web application and cloud infrastructure for our SaaS,
- Have ownership of web applications serving external clients to provide the easy to use interfaces for them to visualize the value of our service and to gain their trust in the reliability of our software,
- Design automation tools for our operations, control, and thermal engineers to setup and configure the controller in the least amount of time with minimal human errors,
What you bring
- 5+ years experience developing solutions used in production environments,
- 5+ years of experience and advanced programming skills with Python,
- 3+ years of experience in building web applications with Typescript and React,
- Broad knowledge about software design and architecture,
- Knowledge of different database systems (e.g. time-series, relational, document),
- Experience with infrastructure as a code and continuous integration (e.g. Terraform, Github),
- Practical experience with automated testing (e.g. pytest, unittest),
- Familiar and worked in an environment with Agile methodology,
- Experience in building REST API with Flask and/or FastAPI is a strong plus,
- Experience with Google Cloud is a strong plus,
- Previous experience in mentoring is a nice to have,
- You keep yourself informed of the latest developments in software engineering and have a passion for clean and structured code,
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, you like and are good at finding solutions, and are motivated to directly contribute to improving Thermosphr’s product and strategy
- Excellent communication skills in English.
What we offer
- Exciting engineering projects with visible impact on the daily operations of large commercial buildings,
- You work in an international team with a wide set of backgrounds – thermal modeling, controls theory, entrepreneurship – and contribute to build a holistic engineering solution impactful for the planet,
- High appreciation of your expertise, contribution and opinions at all times,
- An individual budget for training / education, and budget for personal perks to use however you like,
- We celebrate mutual respect, self-development and continuous learning from one another,
- We have a strong entrepreneurial and team-focused mindset with a determined ambition to make the world a better place,
- You can manage your working hours and location flexibly.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and a few words (2-3 lines max) on why you think you’re the best candidate.