Carbonfuture is the Trust Infrastructure for durable carbon removal. Today, the Trust Infrastructure consists of two products that seamlessly connect the entire carbon removal lifecycle: Carbonfuture MRV+, the most comprehensive MRV solution for durable CDR, and Carbonfuture Marketplace, the leading marketplace for durable CDR. At Carbonfuture, we build trust throughout the carbon removal journey with our rigorous, data-driven approach, ensuring unmatched quality and reliability of carbon removal. We empower suppliers by providing the essential project support and finance needed to transform their carbon removal projects into fully certified carbon credits. For corporate buyers, we offer access to portfolios of carbon removal credits adhering to the highest quality standards and provide visibility at each step of the carbon removal lifecycle via data-driven transparency enabled by Carbonfuture MRV+. We work with some of the world's most ambitious climate leaders such as Microsoft, Swiss Re, and the World Economic Forum First Movers Coalition.
Your role & responsibilities
As a Founder Associate you play a pivotal role in supporting Hannes, our CEO in optimizing his resource towards maximal benefit for the company and its stakeholders. Your unique blend of strong analytical skills, open-mindedness and attention to detail will be instrumental in supporting Hannes’s activities. You will be responsible for making time, information, and decision processes more effective while making sure that decisions are implemented. You will furthermore connect work streams that would otherwise remain siloed while keeping an eye on the organizational agenda. Next to Hannes you will be closely working with our COO, Lucie.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the CEO and COO to provide strategic guidance and insights.
- Conduct research and analysis to support data-driven decision-making.
- Support the CEO on his key accounts across stakeholder groups (investors, clients, strategic partnership
- Oversee key projects and initiatives from inception to completion.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure project objectives are met.
- Monitor project timelines and budgets.
- Support the quarterly OKR process.
- Manage and triage the CEO’s schedule and ensure his availability for the company’s core objectives.
- Arrange and coordinate the CEO’s travel itineraries and provide comprehensive travel plans including preparation of briefing of partners or suggestions of potential clients.
- Prepare and deliver presentations or reports as needed.
- Take meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- Handle emails, phone calls, and other correspondence, ensuring timely responses.
- Provide data-driven insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Draft and proofread documents, presentations, and reports as needed and brief Hannes appropriately.
What you bring to the table
- Perseverance and assertiveness paired with valuing and supportive attitude.
- Self-awareness: you know your values, goals, strengths, and weaknesses and you are eager to learn.
- 2+ years of experience in a Start-up in a similar role, management consulting or other high-growth environment.
- Ability to bring supportive structure to uncertainty fostering creativity and measurable results.
- Affinity to numbers and large structured and unstructured data sets (you like Spreadsheets).
- Outstanding organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a very good command of English, German and other major languages would be a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
- You need to live close enough to Freiburg to spend at least 3 days a week in the office.
What we offer
- A ground-breaking business with an early foothold in the carbon removal industry and the ability to have a real impact on climate change
- Small but rapidly growing, international team with a shared mission to address climate change
- Flexible working hours and remote work with hybrid possible if you're close to Freiburg or Zurich
- Excellent salary
- 30 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Sports benefits
- nilo.health (Mental Health & Wellbeing)
- Financial support for childcare
- Nice colleagues and a friendly, open and inclusive environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal-opportunity employer. In the case of equal suitability, structurally discriminated persons are given preference.