Full Stack Developer
Carbonfuture is the Trust Infrastructure for durable carbon removal. Today, the Trust Infrastructure consists of two products that seamlessly connect the entire carbon removal lifecycle: Carbonfuture MRV+, the most comprehensive MRV solution for durable CDR, and Carbonfuture Marketplace, the leading marketplace for durable CDR. At Carbonfuture, we build trust throughout the carbon removal journey with our rigorous, data-driven approach, ensuring unmatched quality and reliability of carbon removal. We empower suppliers by providing the essential project support and finance needed to transform their carbon removal projects into fully certified carbon credits. For corporate buyers, we offer access to portfolios of carbon removal credits adhering to the highest quality standards and provide visibility at each step of the carbon removal lifecycle via data-driven transparency enabled by Carbonfuture MRV+. We work with some of the world's most ambitious climate leaders such as Microsoft, Swiss Re, and the World Economic Forum First Movers Coalition.
Your role & responsibilities:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Full Stack Developer to drive and shape our digital products so that they stay ahead of the curve and delight our customers, worldwide. In this role you will be responsible for every aspect of the product software development, including backend, integration with external systems, frontend, database, CI/CD, DevOps, maintenance, 2nd and 3rd level support, requirement engineering. Matthias, our Chief Technology Officer will be in charge of providing you with everything you need for your success and growth.
What you'll do:
- Work on and extend a sophisticated domain model that covers all areas of our carbon tracking (MRV+) and marketplace products.
- Collaborate closely with the agile development team including our CTO and our product designers as well as external partner.
- Have the chance to get in direct contact with our customers.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in backend and frontend development.
- Willingness to deep dive into and understand new business domains.
- Proficiency in programming and collaborating with other developers including architectural discussions.
- High degree of autonomy, independence, and intrinsic motivation.
- Deep knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, React, SQL is expected.
- Open to occasional travel.
- Great command of English, German is a plus.
- Living close enough to Freiburg to spend at least 3 days a week in the office.
- Knowledge in Docker, Gradle, Git, Kubernetes, Azure, PostgreSQL.
- Relevant university degree (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering).
- A ground-breaking business with an early foothold in the carbon removal industry and the ability to have a real impact on climate change
- Small but rapidly growing, international team with a shared mission to address climate change
- Flexible working hours and remote work with hybrid possible if you're close to Freiburg or Zurich
- Excellent salary
- 30 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Sports benefits
- nilo.health (Mental Health & Wellbeing)
- Financial support for childcare
- Nice colleagues and a friendly, open and inclusive environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal-opportunity employer.