Sales Development Manager
Business Development Manager - (F/M/X) - Remote/Hybrid - Greentech/Carbon Removal
Your role & responsibilities
As a Business Development Manager, you source and negotiate carbon removal purchase agreements that help corporations and organisations contract the carbon removal credits they need to be effective stewards of our incomparable planet. You apply your kind but effective hustle and bustle throughout Europe. You will work as part of a commercial team, home on both sides of the Atlantic, and work closely also with the supply, product and marketing teams. Dominic Lüdin, the Growth Officer, will be in charge of helping you remove all obstacles and providing you with everything you need for your success and growth.
What you'll do
- Define, drive and implement B2B outbound campaigns securing long-term purchase agreements and spot sales for Carbonfuture’s high quality carbon removal credits.
- Build networks and partnerships with relevant actors
- Track your sales progress in a way that is easy to follow and makes pure reporting meeting largely superfluous.
- Gain a fluent understanding in our growing portfolio of carbon removal projects, sink your teeth into the wide spectrum of carbon removal project attributes, and ultimately become a confident and clear communicator on behalf of these fascinating and meaningful projects.
- Take leadership on writing proposals to buyer carbon removal RFPs, pitching senior-level corporate stakeholders, and responding to technical due diligence processes (supported by an experienced supply team).
- Understand our clients’ pains and wishes and feed them to our product and comms team, so that we can turn them into an ever stronger (product) offering.
- Represent our company at conferences and events, in working groups and associations, building strong relationships and delivering valuable market insights to internal teams. (travel up to 20% of the time)
- Stay current with market trends, technologies, and regulations, demonstrating a genuine commitment to expertise and staying informed in the industry.
What you bring to the table
- Multi-year track record of successful B2B Sales on enterprise level, ideally in an international, fast-moving setting.
- Good understanding of climate change related frameworks like Net Zero, SBTi, climate neutrality, the GHG protocol, ... Strong preference for multi-year work experience in selling or procuring carbon credits with(in) large multinational corporations.
- You love people and listen naturally.
- You are a skilful, fair and effective negotiator, have a great commercial sense and know the ins and outs of effective contracting.
- You communicate engagingly, orally or in writing, and are at home in English and German. French or Spanish are a plus.
- You are imaginative and an almost legendary hustler.
- You are no stranger to CRMs like HubSpot and use them effectively, from pipeline management to dashboard usage.
What we offer
- A ground-breaking business with an early foothold in the carbon removal industry and the ability to have a real impact on climate change
- Small but rapidly growing, international team with a shared mission to address climate change
- Flexible working hours and remote work with hybrid possible if you're close to Freiburg
- Excellent salary
- 30 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Individual learning and development budget
- Sports benefits
- nilo.health (Mental Health & Wellbeing)
- Financial support for childcare
- Nice colleagues and a friendly, open and inclusive environment