Investor Solutions Manager - Germany
Carbon Equity is seeking a seasoned professional for our investor solutions team, with a focus on the German market. The role will involve raising capital for our funds from family offices, foundations, high-net-worth individuals, and financial advisors. We are looking for a candidate with strong commercial skills, experience in venture capital/private equity (VC/PE), and a strong network in the German professional investor market.
About Carbon Equity
Carbon Equity is the world's first climate venture capital and private equity fund investing platform.
Carbon Equity is a fund of funds investing platform fully specialized in climate technology investments. Carbon Equity was founded by alumni from JP Morgan, Alpinvest, McKinsey and HAL Investments with the mission to unlock capital at scale to power the world's most breakthrough climate technologies. Carbon Equity has developed a proprietary framework to diligence a landscape of 1000+ climate venture capital, growth equity and buyout funds.
Carbon Equity supports the climate investing mandate of single and multi-family offices through its Professional Solutions program. Carbon Equity also works with individual qualified investors, enabling diversified access to its single fund and fund of fund vehicles from €100,000 through its Private Solutions Program. Carbon Equity, since our inception in 2021, has raised over €160mn from private and institutional investors and has invested in leading funds such as Lightrock (part of LGT), Astanor Ventures, Energy Impact Partners, Clean Energy Ventures, Ara Partners and several others.
As the Investor Solutions Manager, you are directly responsible for growing the professional solutions business of Carbon Equity in the German market.
The Role & Deliverables
- Co-developing the professional solutions strategy for Carbon Equity in Germany in collaboration with the CEO and Head of Professional Solutions. This involves shaping the commercial and distribution strategy to reach the target audience effectively
- Business development: You will generate high-quality leads by leveraging your network, utilizing platforms like LinkedIn, and actively participating in industry events and conferences.
- Conducting calls and meetings with potential customers to present Carbon Equity's offerings and address their needs
- Nurturing potential customers through regular email and call conversations, providing them with information and updates to build a strong relationship
- Building and maintaining a strong network and actively seeking new avenues for business growth
- Coordination with other teams to deliver an excellent, end-to-end customer journey
- Working closely with the investment team, attending investment meetings, and staying up-to-date with the selected funds, portfolio design strategy, and dynamics of the climate investment market
Your experience & competencies
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant experience with private equity, venture capital or investor relations. Experience working with family offices / UHNI’s / foundations is desirable
- You speak German fluently and are proficient in the English language
- You have strong social skills, and you are not afraid to approach prospective clients at events
- You seek to develop a deep understanding of our product and industry, to have in-depth discussions with prospective clients
- You build trust with prospective customers as a result of being honest, authentic and having a legitimate interest in the well-being of your prospective customers
- You are diligent and reliable. You always deliver on your promises.
- You communicate effectively and engagingly
- You are intrinsically motivated for the role. Talking to (prospective) customers energizes and excites you.
- You are motivated and excited by our mission
- You find ways. You are entrepreneurial and creative in finding new avenues to achieve your results
What we offer
- Work at a well-funded fintech startup that is truly driven to put a dent in climate change — raised EUR 10m to date
- Become part of a super talented team of individuals with alumni from Alpinvest, JP Morgan, McKinsey, HAL Investments, VandeBron, MessageBird and Loyens & Loeff
- Ability to help design and lead the Professional Solutions team in Germany
- Full-time position with loads of freedom and flexibility
- Annual company offsites
- Competitive base salary
- Share package: All employees are enrolled in a stock option plan